Scope of Notice
Scope of This Notice: The goal of this Privacy Notice is to advise you of the online privacy practices of Grapevinewines.com and to describe the choices you have about the way the information collected on this site is used. It also applies to consumer digital registration cards. For information about other offline data collections, use the contact information noted below.
- This statement does not apply to our commercial customers. To review our privacy notice for commercial customers, Click here.
- If when you provide your personal information you indicate your residence as outside the U.S., you may be offered a privacy notice that is specific to your country of residence. In such case, Grapevine Wines & Spirits is operating this site for itself as well as a service provider for its global affiliates.
- On our co-branded sites (such as those sites where Grapevine Wines & Spirits has presented content together with one of our retail partners) a privacy notice unique to that site may be presented.
- Private sites (such as those only available to dealers and distributors) and sites created for our employees (or prospective employees) may also have privacy notices unique to those sites.
- Sites maintained by Grapevine Wines & Spirits subsidiaries and affiliates, although linked to Grapevinewines.com, have their own online privacy notices.
Your Personal Information: Grapevine Wines & Spirits primary goals in collecting personal information about you are, first, to give you a meaningful, enjoyable, and personalized website experience and, second, to facilitate the development of new products and services relevant to consumers like you. Personal information also allows us to provide better service to you by tailoring our communications to match your interests- deliver more of what you want and less of what you don't want.
Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Explicitly Provide: In order to establish your account, register products, or to participate in various online programs offered through Grapevinewines.com, you will be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information to us such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number. You can choose not to provide this information but then you might not be able to participate in some of our services or offerings.
Information We Automatically Collect: We use common internet technologies such as cookies and beacons to ensure the integrity of our site and to customize portions of the site for you.
Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive, at a web site's request. Grapevine Wines & Spirits cookies do not contain any personal information, but are used primarily as follows:
- To keep track of temporary information. For example, cookies allow us to keep track of the pictures you upload and download
- To register you in programs, such as Grapevinewines.com Membership. Cookies allow us to remember you when you login to the places on our site that require Membership
- Tto remember your country and language preferences
- To help us understand the size of our audience and traffic patterns
- Tto collect and record information about what you viewed on our Web site and what you viewed in our e-mail
- To manage and present site information and the pictures displayed on your computer
- To deliver information specific to your interests
Web Beacons: We also place small "tracker gifs" or "beacons" on many of the pages on our website, in online advertising with third parties, and in our e-mail. We use these beacons, in connection with cookies, to collect non-personal data on the usage of our site including but not limited to the date and time of the visit, the pages visited, the referring web page, the type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, NetScape), the type of operating system (e.g., Windows, Linux, or Mac), and the domain name of the visitor's Internet service provider (e.g., AOL). This information is collected about thousands of site visits and analyzed as a whole. This information is useful in, for example, tracking the performance of our online advertising such as online banner ads and to determine where to place future advertising on other web sites.
Information from Other Sources: We sometimes obtain additional information about you, such as demographic and lifestyle information, from other sources and merge it with information we have collected on this site, as well as information you may have provided offline. We use this information as stated below.
Using your Information: Grapevine Wines & Spirits only uses your personal information to conduct business with you. Some examples include:
- Registering you in programs
- Creating and maintaining accounts
- Processing, fulfilling, and following up on orders
- Aanswering your e-mail
- Communicating with you
- Sending friends, families and colleagues information on your behalf
- Sending surveys
- Registering products
- We also use this personal information to provide you with information related to your account, the products or services you purchased from us, to better understand your needs and interests, to improve our service and to personalize communications.
Does Grapevinewines.com Share the Information It Receives?
Your personally identifiable information will not be rented or sold to any third party. Grapevine Wines & Spirits may share your personal information as follows:
Companies who work on our behalf: We contract with other companies to perform business support functions on our behalf, which may involve limited access to your personal information. We require these companies to use the information only to provide the contracted services; they are prohibited from transferring the information to another party except as needed to provide those services. Some examples of these business support functions include order fulfillment, coupon fulfillment, award and rebate fulfillments, customer survey execution; and information systems management. We also may make aggregate non-personal information available to select service providers.
Grapevine Wines & Spirits subsidiaries and joint ventures: A subsidiary or a joint venture is an organization in which Grapevine Wines & Spirits owns at least a 50% interest. If Grapevine Wines & Spirits shares your information with a subsidiary or joint venture partner, Grapevine Wines & Spirits will require that they not transfer your information to another party for marketing purposes or use your information contrary to your expressed choices. If you have indicated that you do not want to receive any marketing information from Grapevine Wines & Spirits, we will not share your information with our subsidiary or joint venture partner for their marketing purposes.
Co-branded and Partner Pages: Grapevine Wines & Spirits may share information with partner companies who jointly present special offers or promotions on co-branded pages within our site. You will be notified of this sharing when you are asked to furnish personal data on such a page. The partner's use of any information you submit will be governed by the partner's own privacy notice, which you can review before submitting your information.
Business Transfers: Grapevine Wines & Spirits reserves the right to transfer your personal information in connection with the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets. If the business is sold or transferred, Grapevine Wines & Spirits will give you an opportunity to tell us not to transfer your personal information. In some cases, this may mean that the new organization will not be able to continue providing to you the services or products that Grapevine Wines & Spirits provided.
- Law Enforcement: Grapevine Wines & Spirits may disclose personal information to third parties without your consent for any of the following reasons: to comply with any law, regulation or court order, to cooperate with Government investigations, to help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights of Grapevine Wines & Spirits or its subsidiaries.
- With Your Consent: In all other cases, Grapevine Wines & Spirits will obtain your express consent before sharing your information with third parties. For example, Grapevine Wines & Spirits may conduct a joint offer or contest with a third party and you will be asked whether your personal information should be shared with that third party.
Your Choices about Receiving E-mail: Grapevine Wines & Spirits may send you e-mail about your orders or your account and in response to your questions. Grapevine Wines & Spirits and its subsidiaries may also send you e-mail with information and/or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you indicate you do not want to receive them.
We will give you an opportunity to let us know your preference regarding the receiving of promotional e-mail when you register for a service, when you provide us with your personal information, or when we send you e-mail. If you choose not to accept this promotional e-mail, you may not receive special offers that may be of value to you. This option applies to promotional e-mail only, as we may find it necessary to send you e-mail relating to your account or order. Promotional e-mail that you receive from Grapevine Wines & Spirits will tell you how to decline receiving future promotional e-mail. For additional information about declining e-mail from Grapevine Wines & Spirits, Click here.
Protecting Your Information: Grapevine Wines & Spirits implements a variety of administrative, managerial, and technical security measures to help protect your personal information. Grapevine Wines & Spirits has Internal Control Standards which relate specifically to the handling of personal information. These include certain controls to help safeguard the information we collect online.
Grapevine Wines & Spirits employees are trained to understand and comply with these controls and we communicate our Privacy Notice, practices and guidelines to our employees. However, while we strive to protect your personal information, you must also take steps to protect your information. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information while you are on the Internet.
Communities: Some of our sites may enable you to participate in public services such as discussion boards, chats, and live events. Please use discretion when posting personal information about yourself when using these services. Be aware that when you disclose personal information at these sites, such as your name, member name, e-mail address, etc., the information may be collected and used by others to send unsolicited e-mail. The services are open to the public, and what you post there can be seen by anyone and is not protected. Grapevine Wines & Spirits cannot control the comments that you may receive while you participate in these services. You may find other people's comments to be offensive, harmful or inaccurate.
Children's Privacy: Protecting the online privacy of children is especially important, and those under the age of 13 are protected by federal law. For that reason, Grapevine Wines & Spirits does not knowingly permit children under the age of 13 to become registered members of our sites, or to buy goods and services on our sites, without verifiable parental consent. Grapevine Wines & Spirits does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information about children under 13, except with their parent's express consent.
If we ever include children under the age of 13 as part of our intended site audience, those specific web pages will, in accordance with the provisions of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), be clearly identified and provide an explicit privacy notice; and we will provide processes to obtain parental approval, provide access to information and allow parents to request removal of their children's personal information.
Grapevine Wines & Spirits encourages parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to participate in their interactive activities and interests.
Outside Links: Some Grapevine Wines & Spirits Web sites contain links to and from other Web sites and Grapevine Wines & Spirits is not responsible for the privacy practices of those Web sites. Grapevine Wines & Spirits encourages you to ascertain the privacy practices of those Web sites.
Keeping Your Information Accurate: If you are a registered member of Grapevinewines.com, you can review and update your member profile using your user name and password. You also have the option of sending an e-mail to the address noted in the "How to Reach Us" section below to request a change to your information or a copy of the personal information we have collected about you online. There may be a nominal charge for information requested. We will make every reasonable effort to make sure your requests are met. To protect your privacy, proof of identity is required.
How to Reach Us: If you have questions or concerns about your privacy when using a Grapevine Wines & Spirits Web site, please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Or write us at:
Grapevine Wines & Spirits
Online Privacy Department
10901 N Rodney Parham Rd
Little Rock, , AR 72212
Grapevine Wines & Spirits Online Privacy Office will work with you to resolve any concerns you have about this Notice.
Updated: November 1, 2008